[Spambayes] Update on Spammie on Outlook.

David LeBlanc whisper at oz.net
Thu Feb 13 14:33:03 EST 2003

FWIW, I'm running OL 2000 build 9.0.0.2711 - internet mail only.

After culling the "good but deleted" messages out of my spams, retraining
from scratch and _rebooting_ (even on Win 2000 pro!), OL is acting much more
docile. It (OL) is filtering and "foldering" as usual (poorly, but better
than by hand) and spammie itself is doing very little false spamming and
only a little false "spam maybe" (where false here is defined as good
messages in the spam maybe folder).

OL's rule error dialogs have stopped. I suspect that Mark was right about it
being something to do with some sort of backend spooling or something. I
noticed that in spite of having exited OL-the-GUI, OL.exe itself was still
running in the task manager and consuming 26mb of space. I think some of my
problems arose last evening from there somehow being two of these "backend"
OL.exes running (both at about 26mb). I think part of the reason I had to
reboot was that killing the OL.exe process in the task manager leaves some
other things hanging.

Curiously and coincidentally with the installation of spammie, the constant
spate of mortage, viargra, genital enlargement, weight loss and unbeatable
deals from Nigeria have abruptly fallen to a trickle. They're not showing up
in the spam folder either.

David LeBlanc
Seattle, WA USA