[Spambayes] training WAS: aging information

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Thu Feb 20 11:58:13 EST 2003

[Alex]
> I was the one who did the bulk of the ratio experiments, and I
> posted my results at http://www.wolfskeep.com/~popiel/spambayes.
>
> It would be worthwhile to rerun similar experiments with current
> versions of the code, too.

Thanks for (re)posting this link, certainly interesting reading.  Were these done before or after the experimental_ham_spam_in_balance code?

What I would like to know (and I suspect others) is whether this means that say I have in my stored mail a ham:spam ratio of 300:3000.  Should I randomly chose 300 ham and have a 300:300 ratio?  Or is giving up the information in the other 2700 messages a bad thing?

If someone was willing to do some more tests with the most recent code, I think lots of people would be interested.