[Spambayes] SMTPProxy [Was Training]

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Fri Feb 21 19:21:57 EST 2003

I've updated the smtpproxy that TimS whipped up a while ago.  It will happily run alongside pop3proxy (including training).  The idea is that when you get a message you want to train, you forward it to one of the addresses in Options.py and it will extract the message id and train it.

You can set:
* the name of the header for the id
* if the id is in the headers
* if the id is in the body
* the address to monitor to catch messages to train as spam
* the address to monitor to catch messages to train as ham
* the address to monitor to shutdown (you don't have to use this one)
* whether incoming mail strips any existing ids in the headers/body
* the server/port to pass messages through to
* the port to monitor

It all seems to run fine for me.  Anyone else like to test it?  Let me know and I'll mail you the code.

(Note that I'm not necessarily saying that a smtpproxy is the way to get end users to train, but I do think that it would be easier than the current (non-Outlook) system).