[Spambayes] Re: [Python-Dev] Re: some preliminary timings

T. Alexander Popiel popiel at wolfskeep.com
Tue Feb 25 16:09:18 EST 2003

In message:  <200302252314.h1PNEDS18031 at odiug.zope.com>
             Guido van Rossum <guido at python.org> writes:

>Note that spambayes/mboxutils.py imports email.Message, which
>effectively imports the entire email package.  That's a lot of code
>(one file per class).

This highlights another recent question: do we want to stop using
the email package in favor of our own (presumably lightweight)
message parser?

Personally, I don't care if the throughput of hammie is under
10 messages per second... my mail feed isn't that dense (and I'll
be very disurbed if it becomes so), and people who do have denser
feeds should probably have a daemon process for filtering instead
of firing off a new process for each message.

- Alex