[Spambayes] SMTPProxy [Was Training]
T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Wed Feb 26 16:46:58 EST 2003
Re: asyncore vs threads
Well, since Mark mostly uses the Outlook plugin anyway, and he was the only one who piped up with an attachment to threads, I reworked the smtpproxy to use asyncore and not threads [sorry Mark ;)]. It does do away with the smtps.py file, which is kinda nice since that code needed a bit of work.
Again, this is all very alpha, but if anyone wants to try it out, a working (from my testing, at least) async smtpproxy can be got from: <http://www.massey.ac.nz/~tameyer/smtpproxy.zip>. There are files included:
* ui.html and ui_html.py - these just alter the ui to allow the user to find a message by id.
* Corpus.py - fixes a minor bug
* Options.py - adds the obvious options
* pop3proxy.py - changes to allow finding a message, plus stripping incoming ids (an option), plus launching the smtpproxy.
* smtpproxy.py - the main code.
Comments == good.
More information about the Spambayes