[Spambayes] Outlook Plugin Installer Comments
T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Thu Feb 27 11:05:53 EST 2003
I finally got round to unregistering my CVS Outlook plugin and using the installer. Comments:
* I get a *lot* of "warning: use func(*args, **kwargs) instead of apply(func, args, kwargs)" comments in the trace. Only a warning, so everything still works, but it fills the trace up.
* I can now see the plugin in Outlook's Options->Other->Advanced->COM Addins preferences. I think this is still listed as a bug/feature request, so it can be removed if so.
* When getting a folder list, I get the following trace:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "E:\src\spambayes\Outlook2000\dialogs\FolderSelector.py", line 310, in OnInitDialog
File "E:\src\spambayes\Outlook2000\dialogs\FolderSelector.py", line 347, in _UpdateStatus
File "E:\src\Installer\iu.py", line 296, in importHook
ImportError: No module named timer
Everything still works though. I get a lot of these, but all for the same module.
* I got one instance of "warning: raising a string exception is deprecated". I'm not sure when this arrived - during training I think.
* I'm now using db instead of a pickle, and it works fine (and *much* quicker). I presume this is because the installed version was built with Python 2.3. What does this mean for the bug that currently causes problems for those of us with 2.2? (How soon is 2.3 due out?).
All in all, very nice, well done :)
More information about the Spambayes