[Spambayes] Adding a message database

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Thu Feb 27 09:11:55 EST 2003

>     Mark> I would like spambayes to assist in managing a database of
>     Mark> message_ids, mapped to how they were previously trained.
>     ... much stuff elided ...
>
> I understand what you want to do, but not why.  Can you provide some
> motivation?

I simply want a memory of how a specific message was trained, for the
following reasons:

* Accidental attempt to train the same message, in the same way, multiple
times.
* Accidental attempt to train the same message as ham and spam.

It really is as simple as that.  Note that we *could* store this information
with the message itself - but this would mean that a simple train operation
*modifies* messages.  This allows us to keep training as readonly wrt the
messages, while maintaining integrity.

Mark.