[Spambayes] Digest messages

Thu Feb 27 07:52:53 EST 2003

We have an open bug report on pop3proxy crashing on a mail with mimetype
multipart/digest.  When one of these messages rolls around,
email.Message.get_payload method returns a list of message objects rather than
a simple string.  This makes perfect sense.  My question is: how should we
treat these for classification and training?  Is the entire message spam?  Do
we classify each message in the digest?  It doesn't seem as if we can treat
digest messages in the same way we treat 'regular' mail.  Does the Outlook
plugin or hammiefilter handle these messages?  For the time being, I think all
a spammer would have to do to break us is to send their spam as a digest.  I'm
not sure what mailers handle digest messages, though... argh.  Questions,
questions.

c'est moi - TimS
http://www.fourstonesExpressions.com
http://wecanstopspam.org