[Spambayes] spambayes question

bill parducci bill at parducci.net
Thu Feb 27 20:48:41 EST 2003

Skip Montanaro wrote:
[...]
> Something tells me it wasn't trying to open .hammiedb.  You generally get an
> 'invalid argument' error when the file being opened already exists and was
> created with something other than the relevant bsddb call.
>
> In dbmstorage.py, try changing line 17 from
>
>     return bsddb.hashopen(*args)

>     try:
>         return bsddb.hashopen(*args)
>     except bsddb.error:
>         print >> sys.stderr, args
>         raise
>
> It will still barf, but tell you exactly what file is being opened.  See if
> it already exists.  If so, delete it and try again.  If not, let us know.

$ spambayes/mboxtrain.py -d /var/spool/mail/bill -s /home/bill/mail/spam
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "spambayes/mboxtrain.py", line 38, in ?
    from spambayes import hammie, mboxutils
  File "./spambayes/hammie.py", line 5, in ?
    spambayes.hammiebulk.main()
  File "./spambayes/storage.py", line 62, in ?
  File "spambayes/spambayes/dbmstorage.py", line 17
    try:
       ^
IndentationError: unindent does not match any outer indentation level

syntax error?
(dbmstorage.py)

def open_dbhash(*args):
    """Open a bsddb hash.  Don't use this on Windows."""
    import bsddb
    try:
        return bsddb.hashopen(*args)
    except bsddb.error:
        print >> sys.stderr, args
        raise

sorry, i am a python noob so unfamiliar with code structure.