[Spambayes] Two amusing spam clues

Neil Schemenauer nas at python.ca
Mon Jan 6 16:07:15 EST 2003

For an email I just received:

  'header:Reply-To:1' 0.815893146633
  'message-id:@murphy.debian.org' 0.997094899935

The first one surprised me.  It looks like most spam provides a reply-to
header that is the same as the from header.  I have not idea why they do
that.  The second one is spammy because I get a fair amount of spam
through my debian.org address.  I guess a lot of spam doesn't have a
message ID so the Debian mail server adds one.

The moral of the story is that statistical filters are good at picking
up on clues that humans might miss.  I don't about other people on this
list but my spambayes filter is kicking spammer ass.  I very rarely see
a FN and even more rarely see a FP.  Props to everyone who helped out
with development.

  Neil