[Spambayes] Two amusing spam clues

Anthony Baxter anthony at interlink.com.au
Fri Jan 10 22:18:11 EST 2003

>>> Matt Sergeant wrote
> This is to bypass postini, who's default setting is to set three (I
> think) MX records: two of their servers at high priority and finally
> yours at low priority in case postini's servers are down.
>
> So spammers are starting to just choose the lowest priority MX server.

Excellent. I know many places that have their systems set up with
multiple MXs, the lowest is usually the hideously overloaded mail server
that supplies their bandwidth. These machines can sometimes get hours and
hours behind, as they're generally not over-burdened with spare cycles.

So now they'll get even more spam shite to deal with.

wonderful :/