[Spambayes] re-org - making a package &c.

Carel Fellinger carel.fellinger at chello.nl
Mon Jan 13 12:13:44 EST 2003

<\lurking-mode --now-that-the-work-is-almost-done>

On Sun, Jan 12, 2003 at 11:34:21PM +1100, Mark Hammond wrote:
> For various reasons, I don't think we are ready for a "binary" distribution
> of this stuff yet - but making the first release "python source only" may
> appeal in terms of limiting the set of initial users to a fairly literate
> and sympathetic audience willing to offer valuable feedback.  Especially

Willing to do more then just give feedback, at least I would:)

Suppose "spambayes --slash-training-styles" would run against several
databases, each of those databases keeping track of the probs for a
particular training style, adding extra headers indicating if and how
the different databases scored this particular email.  Me, I would be
willing then to be carefull to train according to all training style
candidates simultaniously.

The advantage would be that we would be comparing all training methods
on the same data.

<lurking-mode --just-in-case-someone-says-go-ahead-implement-it>

--
groetjes, carel