[Spambayes] re-org - making a package &c.

Neale Pickett neale at woozle.org
Mon Jan 13 10:58:06 EST 2003

Anthony Baxter <anthony at interlink.com.au> writes:

> On the other hand, it's possibly better to have 3 packages - the base
> "spambayes" one, the outlook plugin, and the pop3proxy/hammie
> package. Not sure.

I like the idea of splitting things into specific directories.

Perhaps it's time rename things according to what they do and move the
emphasis away from testing.  Here's what I propose for hammie & co:

hammie/         -> contrib/
hammie.py + hammiefilter.py
                -> filter.py
mboxtrain.py + hammiebulk.py
                -> bulktrain.py
hammiesrv.py    -> contrib/XMLRPCServer.py
hammiecli.py    -> contrib/XMLRPCClient.py
hammiebatch.py  -> deleted  (or is someone using this?)

Aside from renaming things based on what they do, this would reduce
hammie's littering of the top-level directory to:

  filter.py
  bulktrain.py

Plus the standard supporting modules (storage.py, dbmstorage.py,
tokenizer.py, etc.)

I wager it could make the options file a lot simpler, too.

Shall I barge ahead with this?

Neale