[Spambayes] re-org - making a package &c.

Carel Fellinger carel.fellinger at chello.nl
Mon Jan 13 20:24:19 EST 2003

On Mon, Jan 13, 2003 at 10:39:19AM -0800, Neale Pickett wrote:
> That's an interesting idea.  It made me wonder if it wouldn't be helpful
> to have some sort of application which trained on some data, then ran a
> few scoring runs on other data with various options set, and reported
> back what your "ideal" options are.  Does that make sense?  This could
> be a part of the initial training step.

The problem with initialisation is that there is no data to start
with, so such a "default adaptor" can't come into play until you've
gathered some spam and ham.  But as part of this extra fine tuning
step I proposed, it sure seems interesting to try to derive good
settings for the options at several moments in time and see whether
they differ widely for all us early adaptors.

--
groetjes, carel