[Spambayes] Using Spambayes w/ Eudora

Mon Jan 13 23:09:48 EST 2003

1/13/2003 10:51:14 PM, Skip Montanaro <skip at pobox.com> wrote:

>    >> Is there any reason that in principle pop3proxy can't multiplex the
>    >> content it receives from several different servers on a single output
>    >> port?
>
>    Anthony> The problem is knowing, when it gets a connection from the mail
>    Anthony> client, which server the mail client wishes to talk to.
>
>All of them?

Not at all... the mail client will query specific servers on specific
schedules or upon request by the user.  I have three accounts configured on
mine (not Eudora).  One one of them, I have the client automatically check for
new mail every minute, on another it checks every five minutes, and one I only
check occasionally and that by manual request only (I push the check button
every now and then).  The proxy would normally not query all the accounts and
send mail back from all of them, because the client is only expecting mail
from one of them... - TimS

c'est moi - TimS
http://www.fourstonesExpressions.com
http://wecanstopspam.org