[Spambayes] Using Spambayes w/ Eudora

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Tue Jan 14 09:25:43 EST 2003

    Anthony> The problem is knowing, when it gets a connection from the mail
    Anthony> client, which server the mail client wishes to talk to.

    >> All of them?

    Tim> Not at all... the mail client will query specific servers on
    Tim> specific schedules or upon request by the user.

Oh, okay, I get it.  I actually have two fetchmail schedules one that runs
every five minutes and one that runs every 30 minutes.  I forget that
Windows users have to do all that fiddling from within whatever mail client
they run.

(They actually use Eudora on Windows here at Northwestern as the "supported"
email software.  I haven't touched it, preferring instead to just bring my
trusty Powerbook to work with me and continue using my
fetchmail/hammie/XEmacs/VM combination.)

Skip