[Spambayes] what else is needed for a first (source) release?

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Tue Jan 14 11:04:08 EST 2003

    Anthony> Ok, can people nominate things that they think would be good
    Anthony> before a first release?

I have three changes available.  The first two will get checked in when the
off-campus link wakes up:

    * A -U option in hammiebulk.py which allows you to "untrain" a message.

    * Display the number of unsures as well as hams and spams (again, part
      of hammiebulk.py).

    * The ability for pop3proxy to fork off an external program before other
      setup (for tunnelling POP3 through ssh and such).  This is still
      untested and probably Unix-only.  I think I have some time today to
      try and test it.

What's pop3graph.py?  I tried executing "pop3graph.py --help" and got this
gibberish:

    /Users/skip/local/bin/pop3graph.py: Analyse the pop3proxy's caches and produce a graph of how accurate
    classifier has been over time.  Only really meaningful if you started
    with an empty database.: command not found
    from: can't read /var/mail/__future__.
    /Users/skip/local/bin/pop3graph.py: import: command not found
    from: can't read /var/mail/spambayes.
    from: can't read /var/mail/spambayes.FileCorpus.
    from: can't read /var/mail/spambayes.Options.
    /Users/skip/local/bin/pop3graph.py: line 12: syntax error near unexpected token `main()'
    /Users/skip/local/bin/pop3graph.py: line 12: `def main():'

It would appear it gets installed in your executable bin directory but
doesn't have a #! line.  I'll add one, but I wonder if this is indicative of
deeper problems.  Should it be installed?

Skip