[Spambayes] pop3proxy - a couple issues

Tony Lownds tony-bayes at lownds.com
Tue Jan 14 14:47:33 EST 2003

Skip wrote:
>     * When I click the "review" button in my web browser I get a max
>       recursion depth exception from pop3proxy and a blank page in my
>       browser.  Here are the start and end of the asyncore traceback:

I ran into this too; the stack size is too small. Run one of these
commands first:

tcsh: ulimit stacksize 2048

sh: ulimit -s 2048

Mac OS X's default is 512, I picked 2048 at random.

>The proxy is started like so:
>
>     pop3proxy.py -p ~/hammie.db -d -l 11111 \
>         -e 'ssh -q -C -f mail.mojam.com -L 11110:localhost:110 bash -c \
>         "while true ; do sleep 60 ; done"' \
>         localhost 11110

ssh has an -N flag that will replace that while loop.

>(remove the backslashes before trying this at home).  All the -e flag does
>is get the associated command started up before doing anything else:

I have found, in my one day of using ssh tunnels + pop3proxy ,that my
ssh tunnels will go down (due to the computer going to sleep or my
internet connection being flakey) more often than pop3proxy.py does
(due to me closing it). So, perhaps the command is better spawned
when the proxy can't connect to the server. Just a thought...

-Tony