[Spambayes] Outlook plugin & bad folders

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Wed Jan 15 14:56:51 EST 2003

Sorry, I missed this bit:

[Tony]
> Along a similiar(ish) line:
> I actually have another line added to _BuildFolderTreeOutlook
> that skips me past all the public folders (just a 'if
> folder.name == "Public Folders" kind of thing), because
> otherwise it takes several minutes to build the list.
>
> How likely is it that people will want to train on a public
> folder?  Could there maybe be an option in the .ini or
> somewhere like "Present_Public_Folders: False", for those
> like me that don't and have very large public folders?

Check out the comments in this source file that start with:

# Oh, lord help us.

There is a MAPI version of the folder builder in that source file that will
work *much* faster - but until I get my hands on an Exchange server, I can't
really test it.

If you look further in the source file for where BuildFolderTreeMAPI() is
commented out, and you can manage to test it, I would be interested to know
your experiences with the code - except that you may find the exact same
exception we just plugged will be raised in this MAPI code - and a similar
fix will also work.

Mark.