[Spambayes] separating training stuff from pop3proxy - how hard?

Neale Pickett neale at woozle.org
Wed Jan 15 13:12:25 EST 2003

Skip Montanaro <skip at pobox.com> writes:

>     /usr/local/bin/hammie.py -f -d -p $BAYESHOME/hammie.db \
>     | /usr/local/bin/stripmime.pl \
>     | /home/mailman/mail/wrapper "$@"
>
> (Please don't flog me for using stripmime.pl.  I'm sure there are better
> MIME strippers out there, but it works fine for my needs. ;-)

If you ever need an optimization, it occurs to me that hammie.py will
have already pulled the message apart into MIME parts, so you should be
able to start with hammiefilter.py and write a dual spamcheck/MIME-strip
program.

Someone else might want this too--for example, SpamAssassin munges MIME
for tagged spam, presumably to protect the "click first, ask questions
later" crowd :)

Neale