[Spambayes] Outlook plugin & bad folders

Piers Haken piersh at friskit.com
Wed Jan 15 23:34:54 EST 2003

The problem is that the GetFolderFromID call in outlook's object model
(called from MAPIMsgStoreFolder.GetOutlookItem) does not accept MAPI
folder IDs when those folders are on an exchange server. It probably has
something to do with the fact that when you're using PSTs the object
model and the underlying MAPI store are the same thing, but when you're
using exchange the store is a separate component. In theory they should
be able to keep the oulook IDs and the exchange MAPI IDs consistent, but
in practice...

Piers.