[Spambayes] spambayes fronting a mailing list?

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Thu Jan 16 06:51:47 EST 2003

    Rob> Doesn't it take time before the first spam arrives on a brand new
    Rob> mailinglist? Spambayes' results are going to be real lousy if it is
    Rob> trained on 200 ham and 0 spam messages....

A couple of things come to mind:

    1. Don't enable spambayes until you start having trouble

    2. With a proxytrainer/proxytee setup as I described in a previous
       message you can seed it with a handful of spam you have laying about.
       Just set your options to ignore stuff like sender and to while
       training on those messages.

    3. Send your mailing list address directly to the spammers.  They'll
       find it soon enough anyway. ;-)

It's-not-like-spam-is-hard-to-find-ly, y'rs,

Skip