[Spambayes] spambayes fronting a mailing list?

Barry A. Warsaw barry at python.org
Thu Jan 16 09:43:49 EST 2003

>>>>> "GAVH" == G Armour Van Horn <vanhorn at whidbey.com> writes:

    GAVH> If your going into the administrative interface anyway ...
    GAVH> When I used to get a message from Mailman about a message
    GAVH> being held for my approval, the first page I hit told me
    GAVH> why, whether it was too large, non-member post,
    GAVH> whatever. Now I have to jump to a second page to learn that
    GAVH> for each sender (and it's normally only one message per
    GAVH> sender).  Since you are putting up the neat summary windows
    GAVH> with all the options on that first page, could we please
    GAVH> have the reason for the hold in there?  Pretty please?

This is better discussed on mailman-developers, or better yet, file a
bug report. :)  But it seems like a reasonable suggestion!

    GAVH> As to how long it would take to make a difference, based on
    GAVH> what folks have said here I suspect that any list with ten
    GAVH> messages a day would be over 99% accurate by the end of a
    GAVH> week. Since half my Mailman moderation is probably spam
    GAVH> these days, I'm looking forward to it.

That's doesn't sound too onerous as a training regimen for lists.
-Barry