[Spambayes] proxytrainer.py and proxytee.py are checked in

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Thu Jan 16 11:45:49 EST 2003

I just checked in proxytrainer.py and proxytee.py.  The former is
essentially pop3proxy.py with the POP stuff removed.  I know this results in
a large amount of code duplication, but a) it was the fastest way for me to
get a GUI training interface without using POP, and b) maybe I can convince
the pop3proxy advocates to slim it down by ripping out the user interface
stuff. ;-) Proxytee.py is like the Unix tee program (copy stdin to stdout
and an external file), except the "external file" is to upload the message
or mailbox as a file to proxytrainer.py.

I'm still experimenting with things, but should have proxytee.py embedded
into my procmailrc file by the end of the day once I refresh my memory on
flags and such.

Come to think of it, hammiefilter.py could pretty easily be extended to do
the file upload.  The core functionality is implemented in two functions
Wade Leftwich posted to the Python Cookbook.  hmmm...

Skip