[Spambayes] New POP3 proxy and web interface

Richie Hindle richie at entrian.com
Fri Jan 17 20:21:36 EST 2003

Hello all,

For those not subscribed to the checkins-list:

You can now run pop3proxy.py with no POP3 servers, and
just get the web interface.  I'll split it into different
source files at some point so that the naming is more
sensible.  This should let Skip use it instead of his
proxytrainer.py.

Time Stone's web-based configurator is now a part of the
main web interface.

The fact that you can run the thing without any POP3
proxies set up, and that the config page is now a part of
it, means that you don't need to touch bayescustomize.ini,
even when starting from scratch.  Run pop3proxy.py, hit
the Configuration link, enter your POP3 details, and
you're away.

There's a new architecture for pop3proxy and the web
interface.  The HTML is now all in resources/ui.html, with
the pieces being pulled out and stitched together at
runtime.  All the socket/async code has been pulled out
into a library module, so there's only application code
left in pop3proxy.py (it's still a combination of web UI
and POP3 proxy, which I'll address RSN).

I've added a new directory 'resources' for the HTML and
GIFs.  These are packaged using Mike Fletcher's excellent
ResourcePackage tool, but you don't need to know about
that, or have ResourcePackage installed, unless you want
to change the resources.

I've added a new option html_ui_allow_remote_connections,
which can be set to False to provide some measure of
privacy (I'm loath to say 'security' for fear of bugs 8-)

I've also added some pretty icons to the web interface,
because I couldn't help myself.

--
Richie Hindle
richie at entrian.com