[Spambayes] proxytrainer.py and proxytee.py are checked in

Richie Hindle richie at entrian.com
Fri Jan 17 20:21:39 EST 2003

Hi Skip,

> I just checked in proxytrainer.py and proxytee.py.  The former is
> essentially pop3proxy.py with the POP stuff removed.

I've just checked in a version of pop3proxy.py that can run with no POP3
servers configured, so it just provides the web interface.  This should let
you use it instead of your (hopefully interim!) pop3trainer.py - just move
your onUpload method into it.

You should really make your message-naming code use the same system as
everything else - the names are unix timestamps of when each messages was
received, and are used to paginate the training pages into one day per page
(by day received rather than potentially-broken Date header).  If you want
me to do that then let me know, but I have an ever-growing to-do list...

> A bit further down the road, I will probably dump the asyncore stuff in
> favor of something based on SimpleHTTPServer just to reduce the number of
> lines of code.  Without the POP stuff going on there's no great need for the
> channel multiplexing.

If I can persuade you to use pop3proxy (or its successor, a generic
Spambayes server that can optionally host either or both of the web UI and
the POP3 proxy), you won't need to pull out the async stuff.  And all the
async-related code is now refactored into a separate module now, so
pop3proxy.py is a good deal smaller than it was.  It'll be smaller still
when the core server, POP3 proxy, and web UI parts are all separated.  I'm
trying to unify the servers we have (eg. my latest edits make Tim Stone's
OptionConfig.py a part of pop3proxy.py - again, ignore the bad naming, I'm
going to fix that - I'm doing it in stages to make CVS remain useful).  I'd
rather other people didn't fork off new servers at the same time as I'm
trying to unify them!

--
Richie Hindle
richie at entrian.com