[Spambayes] Success and failure

FrançoisGranger francois.granger at free.fr
Sun Jan 19 01:11:12 EST 2003

At 12:08 -0800 18/01/2003, in message Re: [Spambayes] Success and
failure, Tony Lownds wrote:
>>On MacOS X, it seems that pop3proxy _must_ run with sudo. Is there
>>any other possibility to launch it ?
>
>Superuser privileges are always needed to bind to any port below
>1000 on Unix. Are you binding to port 110?
>
>You can work around this by a) binding to a port above 1000 and b)
>configuring Eudora to connect to that port instead of port 110.
>You'll need the "Esoteric Settings" Eudora plugin installed to make
>that change.

I see what you mean. I don't care since I am the only user of this
station. It was more for prospective users.

>>[fbg:/volumes/OS99/spambayes-2003-01-17] fgranger% sudo python pop3proxy.py
>>Password:
>>Listener on port 110 is proxying pop.nerim.net:110
>>User interface url is http://localhost:8880
>>Segmentation fault
>
>Did it segfault after you asked it to train messages?

yes.

>  Raising the stack size allocated to new process before starting
>pop3proxy will fix this. Mac OS X has a rather small stack size by
>default.
>
>Try running "limit stacksize 2048" before starting pop3proxy.py

My script is copied on yours:
#!/bin/sh
#clear
ulimit -s 2048
sudo ifconfig lo0 inet 127.0.0.2 add
sudo ifconfig lo0 inet 127.0.0.3 add
sudo ifconfig lo0 inet 127.0.0.4 add
cd /Volumes/OS99/spambayes/
sudo python pop3proxym.py

By the way, thanks to your help, I am able to connect to 4 pop
servers from Eudora.

>BTW, I've updated the patch for binding to a specific address and
>posted it to Sourceforge: #670417

Thanks a lot.

Please, people with commit rights, validate this patch so that I can
more fully test the latest and greatest version.

--
Recently using MacOSX.......