[Spambayes] [ spambayes-Patches-670417 ] Allow the pop3 proxies to bind to specific addresses

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Mon Jan 20 06:28:09 EST 2003

You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=498105&aid=670417&group_id=61702

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
This patch allows one to specify an IP address when specifying a port in the pop3proxy_ports setting.

This is useful for two reasons:

1. By binding to a loopback address, the pop3proxy cannot be contacted from outside machines. Providing this option improves security.

2. The mail client Eudora - which is quite popular - is unable to specify a different POP port for different POP accounts. This patch alllows Eudora to be used with spambayes with multiple POP accounts.

The implementation is fairly straightforward: any place a port was passed for binding, a pair of (address, port) is passed. In the two places a port was read (from a configuration file and from command line options), either an int or an address:int is accepted. Any place a port was turned into a string for printing, the (address, port) pair is turned into a suitable string.