[Spambayes] nothing gets updated

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Mon Jan 20 10:43:39 EST 2003

I noticed that when training via my proxytrainer the shelf file isn't
getting modified - at least its 'saved state' key doesn't change.  I also
noticed that it seems to be taking longer and longer to complete the
operation after I click the 'train' button.

I'd like to switch back to pop3proxy and start folding my user interface
changes into it, but I still have trouble running it.  I just tried running
it as

    python pop3proxy.py -d -p hammie.db

It started okay, except I got a warning about xmllib:

    /Users/skip/local/lib/python2.3/xmllib.py:10: DeprecationWarning: The
    xmllib module is obsolete.  Use xml.sax instead.
      DeprecationWarning)

and when I tried to visit http://localhost:8880/ I get a 500 Server error
message:

    Traceback (most recent call last):

      File "spambayes/Dibbler.py", line 389, in found_terminator
        getattr(plugin, name)(**params)

      File "pop3proxy.py", line 619, in onHome
        'status.gif', statusTable % stateDict)+

      File "spambayes/PyMeldLite.py", line 618, in __getattr__
        return self.__dict__[name]

    KeyError: '__coerce__'

Looking through the code in both pop3proxy and proxytrainer, I see calls to
self._doSave() or self.doSave() at the end of onReview(), but all they do is
call self.bayes.store().  Where is the actual decision about a message's
status translated into a change in the state of the database, either
in-memory or on-disk?

Skip