[Spambayes] locking pickle/dbm against concurrent access?

Richie Hindle richie at entrian.com
Mon Jan 20 20:26:41 EST 2003

[Skip]
> Depending on how training and classifying are accomplished, it's quite
> possible that the two activities will be done in different processes.

<slightly-wild-idea>
For what it's worth, this is one of the reasons I'm keen to keep all server
components within one process, and using asyncore - all concurrency issues
are taken care of automatically.  It's probably overkill for our
application, but if hammie could classify by talking to the web UI, just
like your proxytee.py script does, we could use the server as the
concurrency mechanism.  Pure hammie users wouldn't need a server (probably,
depending on how they train).  This is how most relational databases do it,
after all...
</slightly-wild-idea>

--
Richie Hindle