[Spambayes] FYI: Java implementation

Richard Jowsey richard at jowsey.com
Wed Jan 22 16:28:56 EST 2003

> > That chi2 test is definitely on
> > the drawing boards, even if only for comparison purposes...
>
> Anthony Baxter has some plots of score distributions for
> Graham-combining, Gary-combining and chi-combining here:
>   http://spambayes.sourceforge.net/background.html

Damn nice graphics! And a good explanation for the advantages of
the chi-squared "combining and scoring" treatment. OK, so I'm a
believer! :-)

> It's the sharpness and spread of the separation in chi- that's
> attractive.

Indeed! I've now mostly finished my core word-tokenization and
training logic, and am presently running sweeps across my
good/spam corpus to complete populating the database. I'll be re-
working the comparator classes presently, to incorporate this
chi-2 math. Will keep everyone posted as to progress...

Cheers,
Richard