[Spambayes] Issue with pop3proxy

Richie Hindle richie at entrian.com
Wed Jan 22 18:18:36 EST 2003

[François]
> the X-Spambayes-Classification: spam got added after the content

[Neale]
> Perhaps this is what happens when the email module can't parse the message.

No, the POP3 proxy doesn't use 'email' when adding the
X-Spambayes-Classification header, exactly because there are messages that
it can't parse.  It splits the headers from the body like this:

    headers, body = re.split(r'\n\r?\n', messageText, 1)

so it's difficult to know how it can fail.  Perhaps the messages uses only
'\r's to terminate the headers.

François, could you do me a favour?  Could you send me an exact copy of one
of these messages?  Send it as a binary attachment (eg. in a zip file), so
that nothing mucks about with the line endings.  You should find it in one
of your cache directories.  Thanks.

--
Richie Hindle
richie at entrian.com