[Spambayes] degeneration

Neale Pickett neale at woozle.org
Wed Jan 22 22:12:13 EST 2003

Adam Hupp <hupp at upl.cs.wisc.edu> writes:

> It looks like your hammiefilter uses almost the same interface that
> mine does, so the integration should be a snap.

Killer!  So with the arguments on hammiefilter.py that I just checked
in, your rules would look like this:

> folder-hook . "macro index S '|hammiefilter.py -s\n <save-message>=caughtspam\n'"
> folder-hook . "macro pager S '|hammiefilter.py -s\n <save-message>=caughtspam\n'"
> folder-hook . "macro index H '|hammiefilter.py -g\r <save-message>!\r'"
> folder-hook . "macro pager H '|hammiefilter.py -g\r <save-message>!\r'"
> color index red black "~h 'X-Hammie-Disposition: spam' ~F"

And then you run all your mail through "hammiefilter.py -t" from
procmail.  Does that look good to you?

Perhaps there should also be a "delete as spam" button.  Or maybe that's
what S should do, since folks probably aren't going to want to keep spam
around.

Neale