[Spambayes] [ spambayes-Patches-639122 ] hammie: ignore emails older than n days

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Wed Jan 22 21:01:48 EST 2003

You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=498105&aid=639122&group_id=61702

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Since your documentation stresses the importance of
training using only relatively recent emails, I thought
a good way to do this would be to have hammie do it for me.

So I added a new configuration option:

[Hammie]
# when training, hammie will ignore messages older than
this number of days.
# i.e. set to 365 to ignore messages older than one year.
# Set to 0 to disable any filtering by date.
ignore_old_messages: 0

The patch also modifies Hammie to output the number of
messages it read/ignored for each mail file it processes.

This option might also prove useful for doing
incremental training (i.e. set up cron to train once a
week, and set ignore_old_messages to 7).