[Spambayes] Re: Another example

Richie Hindle richie at entrian.com
Fri Jan 24 21:21:20 EST 2003

Hi François,

> Inside the attached archive, there are two versions of the same mail.

Bizarre.  It's as though it's coming in halfway through a message, and
deciding that the message body up to the first CRNLCRNL is the headers.
This:

> adding message 1043357721 to corpus

implies that you're running with "verbose: True", which must mean you have
a _pop3proxy.log - next time you recieve such a broken email, could you
email me your _pop3proxy.log?  (It has your password in so you might want
to edit that out, but if you do, could you try to use a binary editor that
won't change any line-ending characters?)  Could you zip it up before
sending, again to prevent anything messing with the line endings?

> I guess that the email module
> has still some issues with the Microsoft XML format ? ....
> And file storage should be done with the raw data ?

The proxy doesn't use the email module to add its headers, so that's not
the problem.  And the storage *is* done with the raw data.

> According to the text editor I used, they are
> all CR+LF files, whatever the mail server or the source mailer app.
> Look strange that pop3proxy store them that way on MacOS X ?

It stores the messages exactly as they come over the wire from the POP3
server, and POP3 uses CRLF as the line ending regardless of the platform.
They're stored on the disk in binary mode, because you never know whether
there are unencoded binary characters in there.

--
Richie Hindle
richie at entrian.com