[Spambayes] uniform command line treatment of database/pickle files?

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Sat Jan 25 10:18:11 EST 2003

Other than our convenience, I don't see any reason the different tools
should use different mechanisms to specify database or pickle files on the
command line.  Hammiefilter.py uses:

    -d DBFILE
        use database in DBFILE
    -D PICKLEFILE
        use pickle (instead of database) in PICKLEFILE

while pop3proxy.py uses:

    -p FILE : use the named database file
    -d      : the database is a DBM file rather than a pickle

I don't know if there are other ways the same information is spelled, but I
think it would be nice if a pass was made over the existing command line
arguments so that all command line tools use the same flags for the same
purpose.

(Proxytrainer.py is dead!  Long live pop3proxy.py!  Thanks Richie!)

Skip