[Spambayes] Alpha 2 Release?

Anthony Baxter anthony at interlink.com.au
Tue Jan 28 01:24:47 EST 2003

>>> Richie Hindle wrote
>
> I'd like to suggest we make another alpha release next week.  Lots has
> happened since alpha 1 (some of which is important to the Linux Journal
> articles, which come out first thing in February):

Sounds good to me.

>  o People need to test the up-to-date version!

We need to provide an "upgrading guide", of sorts. This can just
be a release note.

We need to find a way to make the install script remove the older
'scripts' that have already been installed (and which may be busted!)
but which are no longer in the distro.

> Anthony, is there anything release-wise that needs to be done, or is it
> just a matter of running "setup.py sdist --formats zip,gztar" on a fresh
> checkout?

I tend to do the following:

make a tarball and a zipfile

unpack them on a totally different machine, install it, diff against
what was already there beforehand, a bunch of other, similar, sanity
checking.

then it's SF release dance time...

Anthony