[Spambayes] uniform command line treatment of database/pickle files?

Richie Hindle richie at entrian.com
Mon Jan 27 17:50:24 EST 2003

[Skip]
> Other than our convenience, I don't see any reason the different tools
> should use different mechanisms to specify database or pickle files on the
> command line.  Hammiefilter.py uses:
>
>     -d DBFILE
>         use database in DBFILE
>     -D PICKLEFILE
>         use pickle (instead of database) in PICKLEFILE
>
> while pop3proxy.py uses:
>
>     -p FILE : use the named database file
>     -d      : the database is a DBM file rather than a pickle
>
> I don't know if there are other ways the same information is spelled, but I
> think it would be nice if a pass was made over the existing command line
> arguments so that all command line tools use the same flags for the same
> purpose.

I'm not attached to either version, so by all means change one of them.
I'd guess that more people are using command-line switches with hammie than
with pop3proxy, so it should probably be pop3proxy that changes (but I
don't have the time myself).  I don't know of any other tools that have
similar switches, but I haven't looked.

--
Richie Hindle
richie at entrian.com