[Spambayes] seg faults?

Jonathan Baumgartner jon at bergenstreetsoftware.com
Mon Jan 27 14:22:18 EST 2003

I just installed pop3proxy on my OS X machine. It works beautifully.
It does seem to have one issue, though. Any time I use the web
application to train the incoming messages, the program will die with
a segmentation fault. It doesn't give me any more information that
that. It looks like this:

[Groundskeeper-Willie:~/spambayes-1.0a1] jon% sudo python pop3proxy.py
Password:
Listener on port 110 is proxying mail.bergenstreetsoftware.com:110
User interface url is http://localhost:8880
Segmentation fault

So the procedure for me to train a message goes something like this:

1. Go to http://localhost:8880. Click on "Review messages." Instead
of going to the review message page, I get a page that looks like
this:

body { font: 90% arial, swiss, helvetica; margin: 0 } table { font:
90% arial, swiss, helvetica } form { margin: 0 } .banner {
background: #c0e0ff; padding=5; padding-left: 15; border-top: 1px
solid black; border-bottom: 1px solid black } .header { font-size:
133% } .content { margin: 15 } .messagetable td { padding-left: 1ex;
padding-right: 1ex } .sectiontable { border: 1px solid #808080;
width: 95% } .sectionheading { background: fffae0; padding-left: 1ex;
border-bottom: 1px solid #808080; font-weight: bold } .sectionbody {
padding: 1em } .reviewheaders a { color: #000000 } .stripe_on td {
background: #

2. Switch out to Terminal and restart pop3proxy, which has died.
4. Hit "Train." Get the same page of HTML tags as in (1).
5. Restart pop3proxy again.
6. Reload the page in the browser again. Get a message that the
message has been trained.

Couple of questions:

* Do I need to run this as superuser as I've been doing? When I tried
it without sudo, I got errors about permissions.

* Is anyone else trying this on OS X? I suspect I misconfigured something.

thanks!
jon