[Spambayes] seg faults?

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Mon Jan 27 13:28:11 EST 2003

    Jon> Couple of questions:

    Jon> * Do I need to run this as superuser as I've been doing? When I
    Jon>   tried it without sudo, I got errors about permissions.

If you want it to listen on port 110.  Pick a high-numbered port, then teach
your MUA to connect to localhost on that port.

    Jon> * Is anyone else trying this on OS X? I suspect I misconfigured
    Jon>   something.

Yes, I am expermenting with it, though I don't actually use the POP proxying
features.  I still use fetchmail over ssh to grab mail from the remote host
and procmail with a couple recipes which invoke hammiefilter and/or proxytee
to classify/direct the message.

Skip