[Spambayes] seg faults?

Tony Lownds tony-bayes at lownds.com
Tue Jan 28 13:58:42 EST 2003

At 9:34 PM +0000 1/28/03, Richie Hindle wrote:
>[Tony]
>>    sh: ulimit -s 2048
>>  Would it be desirable to have pop3proxy.py take care of this?
>
>Is that possible?  Can a process increase its own stack size?

Yep!

STACK_NEED = 4<<20
import resource
soft, hard = resource.getrlimit (resource.RLIMIT_STACK)
if soft < STACK_NEED:
   resource.setrlimit (resource.RLIMIT_STACK, (STACK_NEED, hard))

>  Or would we
>need a shellscript wrapper?  Any Mac OS X users fancy taking on the job?

Sure - its a matter of machinery really.

>Questions, questions... 8-)

Where would I put this? My suggestion is

spambayes/platform.py

That file would contain code like:

if windows:
   from platform_win import *
elif sys.platform == 'darwin':
   from platform_darwin import *
else:
   # set any defaults
   pass

Then, other parts of spambayes could get attributes from
spambayes.platform, like, say, where to store database files by
default. A little machinery for platform-specific stuff seems way
better to me than sprinkling "if sys.platform...' checks all over the
place.

-Tony