[Spambayes] Outlook plugin notes

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Thu Jan 30 11:36:44 EST 2003

> > * Apparently Outlook comes with a "Junk Email" folder.
> Hmm...does anyone else's Outlook have a "Junk Email" folder?
> Mine (2000 SR1) certainly didn't come with one.

I take this back.  If you use the Adult Mail/Junk Mail rules that Outlook offers, then if you chose the 'move mail' option and the 'junk mail' folder, then you are prompted to create a new "Junk Mail" folder.

However, not every user will have one of these.  I would suggest that the best option would be to change the documentation to suggest that _if there is one_ then to use the Junk Mail folder.  I guess the plugin could check to see if there was an existing 'junk mail' folder and default to it, but then it could check for a 'spam' folder and default to that, too.  Depends on what people are likely to have.