[Spambayes] Outlook plugin notes

Moore, Paul Paul.Moore at atosorigin.com
Thu Jan 30 09:43:50 EST 2003

From: Meyer, Tony [mailto:T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz]
> > * Apparently Outlook comes with a "Junk Email" folder.
> Hmm...does anyone else's Outlook have a "Junk Email"
> folder?  Mine (2000 SR1) certainly didn't come with one.

If you use Outlook's built in junk filtering (which, IMHO, is
pretty useless...) it creates a "Junk Email" folder when you
set it up. But it's not there by default.

I think it's just a normal folder, though, so you could check
for a folder called "Junk Email" and use it if it exists,
otherwise work as at present. I'm not sure if that's worth the
effort, though. Maybe just change the docs to refer to a "Junk
Email" folder rather than a "Spam" folder.

Paul.