[Spambayes] Alpha 2 Release?

Francois Granger francois.granger at free.fr
Thu Jan 30 23:13:58 EST 2003

At 14:41 -0600 30/01/2003, in message Re: [Spambayes] Alpha 2
Release?, Skip Montanaro wrote:
>     >>> Side remark:
>     >>> On MacOS X, upgrading from 2.2 to 2.3 changes the default database
>     >>> format.
>     >>
>     >> IIRC, 2.3 includes db3.  So "best" would change for you.
>
>     Francois> And then I can't access my existing one ;-)
>
>I'm skeptical that the 2.2 -> 2.3 change is what nailed your database.  I've
>been using the HEAD branch of Python CVS as my daily Python interpreter
>since well before bsddb3 replaced the old bsddb module.  I had no problems
>with database files at the transition point.

Thanks for the time and all the details.

I just installed today the Python 2.3a1 from the wxPython sf page:
http://sf.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=10718

Previously, I had spambayes running with the stock Apple Python 2.2

I had a confirmation from Robin Dunn who did the package that there
was something wrong in it.

>the fink distribution

I downloaded really fex things from Fink. My only motivation to get
it was to try X. Now that there is an Apple version, I don't use the
fink one anymore.

>All is still not lost, however.  Assuming you have both 2.2 and 2.3
>available, you can try something like the following (untested!) code.

I'll give it a try tomorrow.

There is still another issue however with 2.3 and pop3proxy that I
sent in another email:

At 22:40 +0100 29/01/2003, in message Re: [Spambayes] Alpha 2
Release?, Francois Granger wrote:
>At 12:38 -0800 29/01/2003, in message Re: [Spambayes] Alpha 2
>Release?, Neale Pickett wrote:
>>Francois Granger <francois.granger at free.fr> writes:
>>
>>>  UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character '\ue9' in
>>>  position 86: ordinal not in range(128)

Some more info:

This error showed up since install of 2.3a1. It does not happens with
my normal setup with Python 2.2
I removed all mail coded with accented chars and kept only english
mails with no accented chars, no error.

--
Recently using MacOSX.......