[Spambayes] Outlook plugin notes

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Fri Jan 31 11:21:32 EST 2003

[Neale]
> > * She says that the plugin is definitely not filtering
> > public folders.
[Tony]
> This might be an issue that has been resolved (I'm not sure
> what version the release had).  I'm checking this out on my
> system, but I don't have a lot of (mail) public folders
> (they're mostly calendars).  I'll have to wait until one of
> them gets mail.

What happens on my system is that I get an error because I do not have access to create a user-property in the public folder (the trace is below).  So with no score recorded, no action can be taken.  I suspect this might be what is happening for her as well, but I can't check what happens in a public folder where access is permitted, because I don't have access to one a folder like that - does anyone else?

I'm not sure what could be done about this.  Without access then the score can't be written into the message - in fact the message probably can't be moved either, since access wouldn't allow that.  I suspect this is as it should be - only those with appropriate access to the folder should be spam filtering it.

Neale, can you check with her and see what access she has to the public folder she was trying to filter?