[Spambayes] Bayesian virus detection?

Neale Pickett neale at woozle.org
Fri Jan 31 08:44:26 EST 2003

Tim Stone - Four Stones Expressions <tim at fourstonesExpressions.com> writes:

> [about collecting worms]
> I wonder if Neale's honeypot prog could be used for that...  - TimS

Not yet.  All the worms I know about scan your address book.  It would
take one that tries to send mail to random IPs for my honeypot to catch
it.

Speaking of which, just as Matt Sargeant predicted, the honeypot isn't
getting hit as much as I thought it would:

  http://woozle.org/~spam/stats.cgi

Neale

PS: Klez and its ilk are properly called worms, not viruses.  Not that
    anyone would fail to understand what you meant if you said virus, I
    guess.

PPS: The plural of "virus" is "viruses".  "viri" means "men".  "virii"
     doesn't mean anything at all.  There are other latin -us latin
     words which are not pluralized by going to -i (notably, corpus).