[Spambayes] How to back-up database,...

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Fri Jul 4 15:55:45 EDT 2003

> Is there a file that I could back-up where the Anti-Spam
> database is stored on my computer?Thanks.

See FAQ 3.6:

"""Yes you can do this, and it is a good idea if you don't keep copies
of the mail that you have trained. This way, if your database becomes
corrupted, you will be able to recover without losing all your data (if
you do keep copies of mail that you train, you can simply recreate the
database via the SpamBayes manager dialog).

To backup the databases, all you need to do is make a copy of the
directory that SpamBayes keeps its data in. If you need to, you can drop
the files back in to recover from a corrupted database, or for any other
reason.

This directory is located in the "Application Data" directory. On
Windows NT/2000/XP, this will probably be:

	C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\Spambayes

On other versions of Windows, this will probably be:

	C:\Windows\Application Data\Spambayes

Note that this folder may be hidden."""