[Spambayes] spambayes filter - won't "remeber" my SPAM directory

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Fri Jul 4 18:14:40 EDT 2003

> I downloaded the new version of SpamBayes and it still
> doesn't seem to make much of a difference. I hope I have
> attached all of the pertinent files.....

The log file has a couple of:
	NOTE: Skipping deleted folder
messages.  Is a folder that you are tried to filter/move things to
deleted?  I gather that this is what the message means, although Mark
would have a better idea (hence me cc'ing this back to the list).

Your spam folder isn't in the deleted items folder is it?  The 003
release is meant to prevent that, but I don't know what it would do if
it was simply using the config from 002.

Note that there seem to be others with the same problem.  It would
probably be worth opening a bug report on sourceforge
(http://sf.net/projects/spambayes then "Bugs" then "Submit New") since
there doesn't seem to be one already.  Make sure you attach the log file
(the ini file isn't necessary) to the report if you do submit one.  That
would keep it on Mark's attention list (since he has the best chance of
finding the cause if it is a problem with the code), and make sure it
doesn't get lost in list traffic.

> I looked at the INI
> file (attached) and there's a place where it stores a value
> for the SPAM folder name.... but it's a super long string of
> numbers, is there any way of hacking into this and tricking
> it into doing my bidding?

Well, if you knew the correct replacement numbers, you could replace it
with any text editor (like notepad).  However, getting hold of the
correct numbers (message entryid and storeid) is a tricky business.