[Spambayes] possible new bug related to Outlook filters

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Sun Jul 6 14:19:29 EDT 2003

[Eric Brown]
> Outlook 2000 has the 'perform custom action' action in its rulebase,
> and 2002 has 'run a script' action; unfortunately, I have no idea how
> to set up a custom action or script, so I don't know where to take it
> from there....

You can learn more about them here:

    http://www.slipstick.com/emo/1997/up970804.htm#custom

Alas, they don't appear useful for spambayes's job.  "run a script"
conceivably could be, but process creation on Windows is an expensive
operation, and you wouldn't be happy with the slowdown if a new process got
created for every new msg you received.  A rule based on the "selected
properties of documents or forms" condition would be ideal -- except that
doesn't allow a condition based on a custom property (i.e., the spam score
property spambayes creates can't be used in a rule).