[Spambayes] How to upgrade without losing my current database?

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Tue Jul 8 12:30:16 EDT 2003

> > So my question:  How do I recover my old database files
> > into the new
> > version, so I don't lose the training done to date?
>
> I'm afraid you can't - you must either re-train, or stick
> with the source-code version (thereby sticking with pickles).
> Your old pickles should not have been deleted (but you may
> find that in reverting back, your configuration options are lost)

Are there any other people in this situation?  (moving from pickles to
db?)  It doesn't seem like patching dbExpImp.py to work with Outlook
databases as well (or creating a new Outlook version) would be all that
difficult, and that would allow this sort of thing.  If there were a
number of people that wanted it, I would put this together.

Mark, I presume that simply converting the 'bayes' database would not be
enough?  i.e. the message database is also necessary?